RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL LESSON 47: RAPTURE – PURPOSE AND QUALIFICATION – JULY 23RD, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL LESSON 47
SUNDAY, 23RD JULY 2017
TOPIC: RAPTURE – PURPOSE AND QUALIFICATION
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” – John 14:2
BIBLE PASSAGE: John 14:1-6
Our last lesson revealed the meaning of the word, rapture. We also discovered events surrounding the rapture as regards timing and other issues. Today’s lesson will show us the reasons and the qualification for rapture. May the good Lord teach our hearts and bless our lives with His truth by His Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
1. Why will the rapture take place?
2. Who will be rapture?
WHY WILL THE RAPTURE TAKE PLACE?
1. To resurrect the just of all ages from among the dead (1Thessalonians 4:13-17).
2. To take the saints out of the world before the tribulation (2Thessalonians2:7-8; 1Thessalonians 1:10).
3. That Jesus Christ might present to Himself a Church without spots or wrinkles (Ephesians 5:27; John 14:1-3).
4. To transform or change the bodies of all faithful saints from mortality to immortality (Philippians 3:20-21; 1Corinthians 15:42-44, 51-53).
5. To assemble the saints at the marriage supper of the Lamb (Revelations 19:7-9).
6. To allow the revelation of the anti-Christ (2Thessalonians 2:1-4).
7. To present saints to God the Father (Jude 24)
8. To make the saints become like Christ at His appearance (1John 3:2-3).
WHO WILL BE RAPTURED?
1. Those who are in Christ at His coming (John 1:12; 2Corinthians 5:17).
2. Those who earnestly desire His appearance (Titus 2:13; Philippians 3:20).
3. Those who love the Lord wholeheartedly (Philippians 3:7-10; John 21:15-17).
4. Those whose citizenship is in Heaven (Philippians 3:20-21; Ephesians 2:19).
5. Those who will live holy even as He is holy (1Peter 1:16; Hebrews 12:14; 1John 3:1-3).
Let us be sober in watchfulness, always fellowshipping together and keeping the unity of the faith in the bond of peace (1Thessalonians 5:6; Hebrews 10:25; Ephesians 4:3).
1. State five reasons the rapture would take place.
2. Mention the qualifications of people that would be raptured.