RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
SUNDAY, 12TH NOVEMBER 2017
TOPIC: THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” – Acts 2:38
BIBLE PASSAGE: Luke 11:9-13
Now that we understand the significance and the ministry of the Comforter, hopefully, the Holy Spirit would have discovered in us clean vessels and temples, ready for divine occupation. You need to receive Him without hesitation.
1. How to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
2. The actual baptism, the baptizer and the evidence.
HOW TO RECEIVE THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
The following steps will guide any sincere candidate for the baptism of the Holy Ghost:
1. Be born again (John 3:3; Acts 3:19).
2. Be desirous and thirsty for the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 37:4; Psalm 42:1; Isaiah 55:1).
3. Believe that the promise of the baptism of the Holy Ghost is for you and all believers (Acts 2:33).
4. Identify the Lord Jesus christ as the right source of the baptism in the Holy Ghost (Matthew 3:11).
5. Have confidence also in His word, which will never fall to the ground but is forever settled in Heaven (John 7:37-39; Psalm 119:89).
6. Then ask Him and He will answer, for “He that asketh receiveth” (Luke 11:10).
7. Praise and thank God in advance for your baptism because He is the giver of good gifts (James 1:17; 1Thessalonians 5:18).
THE ACTUAL BAPTISM, THE BAPTIZER AND THE EVIDENCE.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the Baptiser (Matthew 3:11). The process of baptism in the Holy Ghost involves finding time to come before the presence of God, our Maker, in worship, praise, thanksgiving and with a right mind (Psalm 100:4; 66:18). The focus of attention at this time should be Jesus, who is the Author and the Finisher of our faith and the rewarder of the faithful and the diligent (Hebrews 12:1-2; 11:6). After asking prayerfully and in faith, the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance which is evidenced in the speaking of tongues (Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-46). This baptism initiates the believer into POWER, the divine ability to do exploits, “greater works than these” as Jesus prophesied (Luke 24:49; John 14:12).
The baptism in the Holy Ghost is for you to make you strong, ride high in God and be perfect as God intends you to be. If you are born again then ask for the baptism in the Holy Ghost and the baptiser will do it now, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
1. List the steps to the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
2. What is the initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Ghost?